+ 44 (0)207 060 6311
SRA ID: 226659
Mads Ekanayake holds an LL.M from London School of Economics and an LL.B from London Metropolitan University. He completed his professional Legal Practice Course at London College of Law.
After completing his training contract and qualifying as a solicitor at the global law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London office) in September 2001, Mads continued to practice at FBD as a specialist construction lawyer for a further eight and a half years.
In March 2009 Mads left FBD (where he was a Senior Associate) to join the partnership at Finers Stephens Innocent. He was Head of Construction & Engineering at FSI from March 2009 until he formed his own consultancy in November 2012.
Mads is a member of the Law Society of England & Wales (SRA ID: 226659).
Mads has extensive experience in advising on the smaller and major complex projects including on a number a very high profile and iconic buildings in the City of London. During his time at FBD and FSI Mads advised:
• Land Securities on major London developments including developments at Bankside, One New Change, Dashwood
House, Wilton Plaza, Park House and Arundel Great Court.
• Financiere Centuria on the acquisition by four Middle Eastern investors in the Shard of Glass and New London
Bridge House major £1bn central London development, which included office, retail, residential and hotel.
• Otaki Holdings on the financing and development of a substantial hotel and data centre in Ealing, Uxbridge Road.
• UEL on the development of a new campus sports complex.
• Fairview Homes on their schemes throughout the UK.
• Scottish Widows and Scottish Provident on major acquisitions, developments and refurbishments across their UK
• Barcap, Hutchison 3G, Credit Suisse and Deutche Bank on the construction of their data centres throughout the UK.
• Credit Suisse, HSBC and Citigroup in relation to the construction of their head offices at Canary Wharf.
• Morgan Stanley (MSREF) in relation to their purchase of RBS’s property portfolio.
• Major Middle Eastern investor on the acquisition of a UK luxury star hotel and golf business, the acquisition of a five
star central London hotel and a luxury country hotel and the acquisition and development of a world class hotel.
• AIG in relation to the intra-group transfer of their UK properties.